Seven applicants received funds for art and development projects in the latest round of Tablelands Regional Council’s Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF).
“It’s great to see another group of artists being supported by this important funding,” said Mayor Joe Paronella.
The latest successful applicants are:
- Atherton Performing Arts — $4080 for Theatre Through Time workshops
- Maryke Dobe — $1000 for printmaking mentoring with Cairns Inkmasters
- Herberton Community Interaction Group — $4100 for winter solstice workshops
- Ravenshoe and District Chamber of Commerce — $1755 for Our Story on the Street, an historic photographic mural for 100th anniversary
- Tableland Regional Gallery — $1000 for FLAME, a regional youth arts mentoring partnership
- Lezel Snyman — $1900 for choral conductors summer school in Melbourne
- John De Rooy — $7000 for Tablelands Region screen locations guide for Screen Australia (stage 2)
“The next round of funding for large projects (up to $5000) closes on 3 April 2020 but you can apply for a quick response Small Grant (up to $1000) at any time.
Details and application forms are on our website,” said Mayor Paronella.
The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Tablelands Regional Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.