This Christmas marshmallow recipe gives brilliant results and is so easy!
Great to give as Christmas gifts!
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Cold Water
- 4 Teaspoons Gelatin ½ Cup Hot Water
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- Pink Food Colouring
- Toasted Coconut
1. Beat 1 ½ cups sugar in ½ cup cold water for 3 mins.
2. Add 4 teaspoons gelatin to ½ cup hot water and stir briskly with a fork.
3. Add to sugar mixture beating until thick and white.
4. Add ½ teaspoon vanilla.
5. Add some pink food colouring and colour to a pale ‘marshmallow pink’ colour.
6. Pour into a baking pan which has been lined with baking paper and refrigerate until set.
7. When set, lift out baking paper and cut into squares and roll in toasted coconut.